Dear Friends of ECR,
It has been a pleasure serving as your president for the past few years, and contributing as a member of Friends of ECR (FOECR) since its inception in 2003. I am confident that incoming president Cory Hacker will continue to lead the organization in its ongoing efforts to support our wonderful school.
As one of my final duties as president of FOECR, I am happy to inform you that through our fundraising efforts during the 2012-13 academic year, we have raised $20,000 towards the ECRCHS College office for modernization improvements. Funds will go directly toward helping our incredible college counselors Sylvia Yi and Lynsey Ulibarri expand the current College-Career Office into a state-of-the art facility, providing additional technical support, meeting space and computer resources that will be accessible to all ECRCHS students.
Throughout its 10 years, FOECR has funded more than $75,000 towards academic departments and student scholarships; facility improvements & school beautification; and provided support & equipment for boys & girls sports teams. Projects we've funded include:
• Emergency lockdown kits for every classroom
• Duplo Photocopy machine in main office
• Aaron Yusem scholarship for students with most improved GPA.
• Computers & printers
• Math & science tutors
• Biology lab tables
• Classroom TVs and DVD players
• Equipment for instrumental music program
• Audio tapes for French Club
• Humanitas, Careers in Entertainment, Art & Design, Yearbook
• Funds for the graduating Senior Class
• Support for student competitive teams: Academic Decathlon, ROTC, Envirothon, Robotics, Culinary Arts, Fashion program, Debate Team, Model United Nations.
• Baseball field improvements
• Dance guard competition floor
• Football sleds
• Basketball shooting machine
• Starting blocks for the track & field team
• Banner campaign along Burbank & Valley Circle Blvds.
• Painting the exterior of the school (photo)
• Entrance Marquee
• Re-painting of the Gymnasium, scoreboard, snack shack & baseball area
Thanks to your generosity over the years, and at past events, parents like you have helped raise thousands of dollars to finance these vital programs, and school services. Keep up the great work! I wish you continued success.
President, Friends of ECR